Monday, March 29, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

I swam again for the first time since New York today and I won't lie, I was not exactly excited about it. Despite having not swam in so long, and despite the fact that I love swimming, the thought of jumping into a cold. chemical ridden pool that will leave me cold and itchy and dry skined is not appealing what so ever. It always takes a solid few minutes of standing on the pool deck in swim suit, goggles and swim cap, staring at the water, thinking about how cold it is and how much the first 50 meters is going to suck before I actually jump in. But once I'm in and swimming, I am ussually loving my life, as was the case today. Cindy prepared us a nice solid 3 km reintroduction to the aquatic world which took us about an hourish to complete. If we hadn't planed to swim together there is no way I would have gone on my own. I realize this makes me lazy but I'd so much rather be hot and sweaty from a run than cold and and chloriney after a swim. Swimming today made me really excited for next swim season though. I am going to try my very best to actually swim more than once this summer so that I can actually feel somewhat prepared to race next season. Swimming is awesome, and I am already excited for next Wednesday's swim sesh with Cindy.

After I got back to the island yesterday, I headed to Brackley for a nice leisurely stroll. Sunday beach trips are officially my new favorite and are quickly becoming a habit. They always somehow manage to include sliding down a dirt wall or scaling the sand dunes to get there though. Yesterday's trip also included a boardwalk face plant by yours truly. Finally a reason to love being on the island! Don't get me wrong, the island has it's perks, just not very many of them fall between September and June when I am here. Although I hear July and August are pretty awesome...maybe one day once the beach house is built I'll be able to come back and enjoy the island's prime time.

I have come to the conclusion that in order to make it even fathomable that I will be able to do my honors without flunking out of school, I would have to give up swim team and volunteering in order to make time for the research project. T minus less than 36 hours to make up my mind and potentially write an application letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment