Monday, March 15, 2010

I Just Wanna Play

Turns out that I am the worst lazy person ever. I had planned to spend all day in bed doing nothing yesterday but quickly realized that that plan is actually quite boring. As soon as I felt recovered from the night before I was itching to get outside and do something exciting. I called up Cindy and we ended up going for a nice long walk at Canoe Cove followed by an even longer coffee date. Canoe Cove is actually the location of the Diabetes Summer Camp I am going to be interning at for a week in July, and since the road to get to the beach is closed in the winter, we had to walk almost through the camp to get there. I'm pretty pumped, it's gorgeous up there. Minus the running around after a bunch of little kids part, it'll be like going to a cottage for the week!

When I went to pick up Cindy on campus there were a bunch of guys outside in the field beside residence playing football. It made me realize how awesome it that guys of all ages play. Football, soccer, hockey...guys will decide at random times to just simply get together and play. Girls on the other hand, will go for coffee or shopping or for a walk, but rarely do you see a group of women older than 20 playing outside. I think everyone could use a little more play in their lives.

Speaking of play versus work, I have officially decided to come home for the month of July. I was torn between going home or staying on the island and trying to make the decision was really stressing me out. There is a lengthy list of pros and cons for both options and as soon as I thought I had figured out what I wanted, I would change my mind again a few hours later. This process is quite exhausting and so I finally chose to go home and I refuse to think about it any more. Post contemplative, I can now start to plan for my return to Ontario. Although it may not be the most responsible choice, I think it will make me the happiest, so I decided that it was the winner. And now that I've made up my mind, I can start saving up for the road trip and the month without work. I think I made the right choice because I am beginning to get really excited to go home, even though it's still like 3 and a half months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment