Friday, January 15, 2010

Phew, one more week done and gone already. I like to think that this was really the real first week of classes since it was a full five days and labs started this week. So far I think I am going to really like this semester, but am going to have to work my butt off to stay up to date on all my assignments. I say this while writing this blog instead of working on one of three assignments I have due next week.

This week was fairly uneventful, although I did officially booked my spring break trip! (Thanks mom!) Every year for the past 6 years (ish?) I've spent my spring break at training camp in Florida. This will be the first time since grade 10 that I haven't been going south at some point in March. I decided that the best way to get over this was to book a super exciting trip of my own while everyone else is at training camp. So on February 21st, I will heading to New York City for the week. My friend Rachel (who also used to go to Florida with me) goes to school in Hoboken, NJ and has an apartment and she's letting me stay with her. I figured it would be fun to visit with her since we never get a chance to see each other over the school year, and what better opportunity to see NYC? I'm very excited, and am counting down! I have been saving all my tips in a jar since last spring so I am hoping to do some shopping, see some shows and check out a whole bunch of famous bakeries and eateries.

My little sister is coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend. She goes to school at Mt. A, which is only about an hour and a half away but we still hardly ever see each other over the school year. It's hard with assignments, working, swim meets etc. The UPEI swim team is competing at home this weekend for the first time of the year. It's simply an age group meet, and doesn't include any other Univeristy but we are using it as a mock AUS meet which is only a few weeks away. hard to believe that the swim season is over in only 3 weeks! I'm really excited but a little bit nervous tomorrow-although I'm not racing, I am going to be the school mascot! Dancing around the pool deck in a giant Black Panther suit. I'll be sure to post a picture, should be a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment