Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alex Visits!

This weekend has been one of those "im really busy doing nothing" type of weekends. I worked Friday night and then we had a swim meet at home on Saturday. Saturday morning went by fairly quickly. I was basically head cheer leader and got to watch everyone race. For the most part I think everyone raced well and seemed to be pretty happy with their results. All of the really little kids were hilarious, with saggy swim suits, goggles that covered their entire faces and swim caps covering their eyes. Our swim coach from last year was there and it was nice to see him again. In between heats and finals, there was a 4 hour break. The team went for a team pep rally lunch and I picked Alex up from the bus stop.

After lunch we were lucky to have borrowed Sam's car and did a whole bunch of running around picking up groceries and stuff for dinner. When we got back to the pool in time for finals, I put on the UPEI Panther mascot costume and danced around the pool deck for a while. I think I lost about 5 pounds in sweat! It was soo hot in that thing! There were a couple of little girls that decided that pulling my tail, tickling me and following me around would be a really great way to spend the entire afternoon. Alex and I ended up having to sneak into a storage closet to take a breather. Surprise surprise they were waiting at the door when we came back out! When they asked why we were in there Alex said it was a secret short cut to the Panther's washroom haha. The girls spent the rest of the afternoon in the storage closet looking for my 'bathroom'. I was really pumped to be the mascot but it turns out that swim team crowds are not very receptive to 6ft panthers in basketball uniforms and yellow sweat bands. There was a very small crowd of spectators and all the athletes were getting themselves pumped to race finals, so I can't really blame them. I made one little girl cry and sob uncontrollably though, I felt bad but it was really funny at the same time.

We came home after the swim meet and made dinner, just pasta, nothing special and ended up just watching crap tv all night. It was kind of nice to sit and just hang out and not feel guilty for not doing school work. That very rarely happens. This morning we slept in and then went to Cora's for breakfast and then to the Cows Creamery to go on a creamery tour. Unfortunately the tours don't happen except by group appointments in the winter. So we settled for an ice cream cone, a couple of post cards and a drive out to Victoria by the Sea instead. Alex had yet to see the little town or our property so we went and took pictures of the lot sign and everything. The place is a ghost town in the winter, they even take down the "Welcome to Victoria by the Sea" sign in the fall. But I hear it's awesome in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment