Saturday, January 23, 2010

Officially Out of My Hands....

Saturday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week. Mostly because the Charlottetown Farmer's market only operates on Saturday mornings but also because there's enough of the weekend left to be able to relax and chill out. This morning I woke up early to babysit for my swim coach on campus for a couple hours and took advantage of the opportunity to catch up on my Sesame Street and Thomas the Tank Engine. Lucas is just over a year old and super cute, but also happens to be a snot making machine, I'm still a little bit puzzled as to how it's even possible to have snot running down to your chin all the time. Of course being a nutrition student I automatically think about the impact this may have on his fluid requirements but choose to ignore myself instead.

After, I walked across campus to the Farmers Market for some grub and was really feeling the need for some java after a late Friday night. I ended up getting a big bowl of Curried Lentil Soup and a newspaper and had the most delightful brunch of life. I ended up skipping the coffee and getting a loaf of bread and a cupcake for each Age and Sam instead from this new cupcake place called City View Bakehouse. I didn't try any of their stuff so I can't actually testify to their deliciousness.

The last couple of days have been really great. Friday was my long awaited internship interview. A panel of three people, one prof and two dietitians from the community, interviewed everyone who had submitted a complete application (rumored to be between 14 and 20 people) and are hopefully making their decisions sometime in the next week. I wasn't really all that nervous until the day of. It was really just while sitting in microbio about an hour before the interview that I was freaking out a little bit and feeling really unprepared. To be honest I spent more time stressing about what to wear than I did what to say. Which is ridiculous anyways, but especially because I have had four classes with this prof already and normally show up right after swim practice with a wet heap of hair tied in a knot on the top of my head, reeking of chlorine with giant red goggle and swim cap marks covering my face. (It's a really good look btw, I recommend it) Once I actually got the interview and was waiting in the hallway to see the panel I calmed down a lot despite sweating profusely. The first two thirds of the interview were relatively normal, the typical job interview questions. The last third was dietetics specific scenarios which went questionably. But on the bright side it is officially out of my hands. There isn't anything else I can do to influence the panel's decision.

In celebration of the end of the interviews, a whole bunch of the nutrition girls from my class all went out the the Old Dublin last night. A whole bunch of the girls came over for some snacks and drinks before the pub and most of them brought friends with them. It made me realize how awesome our class is. We don't get very many chances to all get together outside of class but we really need to put in more effort to do so. It's PEI music week so every pub has local musicians playing all week. Last night the Grass Mountain Hobos were playing and they were awesome! Dancing ensued and a great time was had by all. I highly recommend checking out their music, super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment