Monday, February 1, 2010

Fabulous February!

Yahoo for February!

February is an exciting month for many reasons, particularly this year with the kick off of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver a mere 12 days away. It's one month closer to spring, home of valentines day, and the month I will be going to New York City for the first time. Lots to look forward to for sure!

Also in February are the Atlantic University Swimming Championships that are being hosted for the first time ever here in our home pool at UPEI. It's going to be a jam packed weekend; we swim prelims every morning and finals every evening. Unfortunately I have to work both Friday and Saturday night so I am going to miss finals but I'll be cheering for my fellow panthers from afar. To get pumped up for AUS champs, I hosted a team spaghetti dinner and poster making party last night. There was sooo much food and we made a whole bunch of giant banners and posters to adorn the pool walls next weekend. Every one is getting amped up and we're tappering for the even as you speak. My schedule this semester has somehow managed to be even more jam packed than usual so I haven't really been swimming very much, only 3-4 times a week so I am really just craving some hard practices when I go to the pool, but I'm sure I'll be glad of the extra starting, diving, turning practice come Saturday morning for my first race.

A lot to do before the weekend though! Quizes, midterms, assignments, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment