Monday, February 22, 2010

Magnolia Bakery


At long last, I finally got to taste a Magnolia Bakery cupcake! I am still wondering why I have been wanting one so bad for the last few years. I think it must be because I saw it on Martha Stewart at some point and decided I have to go there. Either way, it did not disappoint. I am already looking forward to the next time I get to have one. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning when I saw the bake shop ahead in the distance. It helped that I was super hungry. The real question is how do you choose what to get once you're there? Everything looks so delicious and everything is so pretty! I choose a purple vanilla cupcake with sprinkles and splurged on a t-shirt. I wasn't really sure how to eat it; do I just dive in and go for it? Or do I take my time and truly enjoy it? I opted to take my time but it was so good that the second half went down pretty quick. Yummm...

After Magnolia, I wandered around the Rockefeller center and past the NBC theaters and then sauntered up to the Observation Deck, aka the Top of The Rock. I was the only person who was there alone, but I decided today that I kind of like traveling alone. For selfish reasons; I can do my own thing on my own time in my own order. But I also realized that the crappy part about traveling alone is never having anyone to take pictures of you doing cool stuff. The stretch your arm out to take a pic of yourself is lame, and not very effective.

I basically spent the rest of the day shopping, I went into about a million shops and tried on a bagillion things and am happy with my purchases thus far! It's exciting because I am mostly shopping for internship clothes, so I get to try on clothes that I would have never ever even looked at before. Another nice part about traveling alone-shopping! Not feeling guilty for making your friends wait while you try stuff on, and not being tainted by their opinions. It also means you don't get input, but I often find myself asking randoms in the shop so it's all good.

I went for dinner at Hale and Hearty Soups, and had a delish curried cauliflower and chick pea soup and half a spinach and goat cheese wrap. It was about 6pm by now, and I had run out of plans for the day so I decided to head back to Hoboken to check out Carlos' Bake Shop (made famous by TLC's Cake Boss) for an apparently famous canolli. It was decent-I had never had one before so I had nothing to compare it to. I've seen the show but am not a HUGE fan so I mostly went because friends at home love the show so much. Plus I'm here, so I may as well!

I walked back to Rach's place along Washington Street, which is covered in little shops and a million cool restaurants. Made me really hungry despite having just eaten! I am looking forward to checking some out in the next few days, lots of ethnic food that doesn't exist in Charlottetown so I'll have to take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment