Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

One of the best parts about getting older is being able to get to know your parents as more than merely the people who impose your bedtime and make you clean up after yourself. You finally realize that your parents are real normal people, with dreams and goals and weaknesses and lives that don't always revolve around you. Personally, I love this, and think it's one of the best parts about growing up. As I get older and have more responsibility and get closer and closer to being a grown up, I keep realizing how much hard work it is, and can't even imagine trying to throw three kids into the daily routine consisting of working full time, errands, household chores, physical activity, social life, appointments and the endless to do lists that always seem to be growing. Although I clearly have no idea how stressful it really all is, I'd like to give a shout out to all those parents out there, especially moms, and let you all know that eventually your hard work will be appreciated.


Since today is Mothers Day, I am dedicating this post to my own mother. She is actually the hero of my life, and I can think of no better compliment than "you are just like your mother." Me and my mom are very alike (at least I like to think so); we have the same sense of humor (or lack there of haha), we have the same birthday, and we both stress a little bit too much and we're both total dorks. No offense mom...but exhibit A below:
My mother is strong, smart, fun, caring, independent, understanding, beautiful, passionate, genuine, selfless, and too many more fabulous things to name, all bundled up into an amazing woman. She puts up with my hysterical stressed out e-mails, my constant request for advice and supports me without hesitation. She's my running buddy, my voice of reason and my inspiration. Happy mother's day mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment