Saturday, August 21, 2010

Deep Fried Butter Anyone?

I got the chance to breeze through the headlines of the Globe and Mail today and I couldn't help but notice the headlines about the Canadian National Exibition, particularly the food at the CNE. The CNE is one of my all time favorite places, and no trip to the Ex would be complete with out a midway foot long corn-dog smothered with mustard and ketchup, a few dozen Tiny Tom doughnuts, and a couple trips to the Food Building for 99 cent spaghetti. No matter how hard you try, you will always end up eating your way through the Ex, and while you spend the day in total gluttony, the Ex only comes once a year. It's the type of disgustingly full of artery clogging foods that leaves you content and satisfied. Makes me smile just thinking about it! Anyways, apparently this year they are selling deep fried butter and gourmet Mac and Cheese. This article caught my eye because last year in Foods Lab, my partners and I spent the entire semester perfecting our gourmet Mac and Cheese. Guess we must have been on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment