Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Scream, You Scream

Friday night, amid a snowstorm, Sam
and I drove out to Nicole's for an Ice Cream Social in honour of Andrea's birthday. It was a potluck, but everyone brought different flavours of ice cream and different toppings to make the most ultimate ice cream sundaes PEI has ever seen. We had quite the spread of goodies! You'd never guess half of us were nutrition students based on the amount of chocolate and candies on the table, except for the pint of blueberries at the end that are negligible considering everything else that was piled on top of them in our dishes. Needless to say I ate way to much (I really didn't need seconds but couldn't resist!) but it was soo delicious! I'm a sucker for ice cream. I could eat it all day every day and not get sick of it. Specially when in sandwich form. I'm drooling a bit just thinking about it. Post ice-cream we played board games all night. We played a round of What's Yours Like? followed by a round of Apples to Apples and then waddle home with full bellies that hurt from overeating and laughing to much.

Andrea, Me, Tuck and Sam! How come my bowl looks the biggest and most overflowing?

Yummm... Chocolate chips, cookie dough, blueberries, reeces pieces, whipped cream and sprinkles with a blueberry on top!

After surviving an ice cream induced junk food hang-over the next morning, I headed to the pool for an AUS Invitational Swim Meet that UPEI was hosting. It was nice to be back on deck! I haven't been at the pool since I got back from the holidays since I'm not allowed to swim. I miss the team! Since I couldn't swim, I got suckered into timing for the weekend. Not nearly as fun, but I think I got as wet as I would have swimming. Our team did super! A handful of PBs despite not tapering for the event and one swimmer qualified for CIS (national championships for university swimming) which will be in Calgary in February.

When I got home from the pool after this morning's session, I was starving and naturally my first stop after getting in the door was the cupboard for some food. It was not a pretty sight! Ground flaxseed was everywhere! Seems as though we have yet another mouse! It's pretty annoying that we can never seem to go more than a month without finding evidence of mice but there are worse pests taking over Charlottetown so I'm not complaining too much! Sam officially dubbed this mouse Malcom and we have set a trap full of yummy peanut butter right on my shelf in hopes of him returning for a midnight snack at some point tonight. Unfortunately, the shelf is right at eye level and Malcom will be the very first thing you see when you open the cupboard. Normally we hid the trap in the corner somewhere so that it's as out of sight as possible, but Malcom seemed to only like to eat ground flaxseed and almonds, aka MY food. He's been ignoring my roommate's Fruit-Loops on the shelf below. He must be in GI distress though, with the amount of flax that he's eaten, the mass amounts of poop on the shelf is definitely no surprise. Hopefully the trap get's him soon, if the fiber overdose hasn't already!

If only I had a frog instead of a turtle! (PS, googling images of "mouse trap" can be quite disturbing an I don't recommend it unless you have a strong stomach"

No comments:

Post a Comment