Saturday, October 30, 2010

The problem with never having time to write a new blog post is that by the time I do, there is so much that has happened that I don't eve know where to start. At this point I usually decide that it's too hard to figure it out and wait a few more days hoping that eventually I'll figure it out.

Last weekend my brother got married!! He's the first in the family to tie the knot so it was super exciting. I flew to Ottawa on Thursday for the big day. My sister and I got to be bridesmaids which was really awesome. I had never even been to a wedding never mind in one. TJ and Lauren are quite possible the best looking couple I've ever seen and they both looked amazing on Saturday. Congrats to you both! I'm still trying to figure out how TJ snagged Lauren but I'm glad he did. If I hadn't waited so long I could have written several long posts about how fabulous the weekend was.

In other news, the mice are back for a second year! When I got home from Ottawa on Monday morning, Sam and Age informed me that they had found some of the food chewed through in the cupboard but that they caught the little bugger already. Last year it took ab out a month just to catch the first one because we tried every humane mouse catching strategy known to man, but this year we went straight to the good ol' wooden mouse traps baited with peanut butter. We've already caught 2 mice, and I'm sure there will be a few more casualties before the end of winter. We have a new roommate moving in next week and I'm trying to decide if this is something he should know before he moves in? I doubt it would be a deal breaker...but you never know.

I haven't been tooo involved in mouse catching this year because I'm never really home. Between school and swimming and work I'm on the go all the time. I typically like being busy, and I promised myself this year would be different and I'd give myself more downtime. I was actually convinced that this year would be more chill, but apparently not. Oh well, only 6 weeks of this semester left and then I'll graduate after next semester. I'm already counting down for Christmas! I can't wait to go home, I've only been home for 6 days since last Christmas holidays. The Christmas Craft Sales, which are somewhat of a tradition for Sam Age and I, start next weekend, which means that it is officially ok to rock out to Christmas music from then on. I'm starting a play list already for my car. I don't think it's so much Christmas that I am excited about, but just being home and having no school for a few weeks. Since I was in Kenya working all summer, I haven't had a chance to just relax and have nothing to do since last Christmas. Not to mention there are a whole bunch of people at home that I've been dying to catch up with!

I'm getting a little ahead of myself...Christmas is a long ways off and this weekend is HALLOWEEN!! I like Halloween, but my favorite parts are seeing all the little kids dressed up, fun halloween baked goods and carving pumpkins. I didn't even get time to buy a pumpkin this year, let alone carve one. I'm working all weekend so I don't have a costume and am not going to any Halloween parties. It's fairly pathetic and a little bit tragic but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment