Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Packing

This time tomorrow I will be squashed in a car with all my luggage on my way to Nairobi. It seems crazy that it's been three months since I got off the plane in Nairobi for the first time.

The last few days have consisted of packing and repacking numerous times. I have an extra suitcase coming home that I didn't have coming here so I figured I'd have almost an entire empty suitcase and that packing would be a breeze. Somehow I seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff. A lot of heavy stuff apparently. To be fair the majority of one suitcase is aprons, we're each bringing home 40 some-odd aprons which takes up quite a bit of room and are surprisingly heavier than I thought they'd be. At the moment both my bags are jam packed and one might be over weight but it'll all work out one way or another, it always does.

Today is the first day of school at UPEI and although it would be nice to be able to start school with everyone else and not come back a week behind already, I am really not ready for classes to start. I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to sit still for a lecture and do homework every day. I am however, really really looking forward to swimming this year and can't wait to get back into the pool.

We've done nothing but watch Sex and the City and crochet for the last few days so I have nothing exciting to write about, but we're spending our last day in Kiirua at the Meru Sports Club soaking in our last of the equator rays by the pool. The entire time we've been here it's been freezing cold and rainy but the last week has finally been as hot and sunny as we were promised September would be. My fingers are crossed it's hot today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment