Sunday, September 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home (almost)

Finally back on the island. The flights home were uneventful and I even all my luggage got back safe and sound.

I was greeted at the airport by the best surprise ever! My mom flew out and drove over with my Sister and Grandparents to surprise me at the airport. I had no idea at all they would be there! I Was expecting just my roommate and maybe 1 or 2 friends to show up, but in addition to my family, about 8 more friends came to see me. It was a little overwhelming, and combined with being in the same clothes and awake for the past 30 hours, I couldn't help but be a little bit (embarrassingly) emotional upon seeing every one. My mom went back to nova scotia with my sister and grandparents but she's coming back over on Tuesday to hang out with me which I am very excited for. My dad is even driving down on Wednesday so the whole family minus TJ can run across the confederation bridge together on Sunday. Should be really great! I love my family, and it makes me so happy that they will soon all be here to visit! I wish TJ was here to but I guess you can't have it all.

My kitbag with my laptop and phone charger accidentally went back to Nova Scotia in the car so I am without a phone and a laptop until Tuesday. It's a good thing I just spent 3 months without a phone and without reliable access to internet or I might be going nuts right now. I can't believe how addicting they are! My mom tried to drive my car but one of the back wheels doesn't move anymore so it had to get towed and will be at Canadian Tire getting fixed until Tuesday probably, but Sam has been nice enough to let me borrow hers to go grocery shopping and to do some running around that I needed to get done.

I planned on being super productive today to get ready for my last first day of school ever (well...for a while at least) but instead I just took it easy and procrastinated. I can't believe it's fall already. I thought I might get to squeeze in a day or two of sundresses or shorts before bundling up but no dice. Typical PEI I guess.

Swim Team try-outs start tomorrow so I went for a easy swim this afternoon to try to remember how. Feels great to be back in the water and I can't wait for training to get started officially next week after try-outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment