Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kwaheri KP!

Last night was my going away party since I'm leaving the island tomorrow. I am having issues containing my excitement. I just want to dance around the house in happiness! Don't get me wrong, I have grown to love the island and am truly beginning to realize why so many people choose to live here, which is something I've been wondering for a long time. The winters are a cold, miserable, wind vortex of hell and so far it's June and summer weather has occurred for a grand total of 4 days. But to be fair, those 4 days were glorious beyond belief. I got home from work last night and walking into the house which looked like this:


The picture doesn't do it justice!

Basically streamers and balloons and animal print everything! It looked completely fabulous! Sambo and Cindy decked the whole house out hardcore for the party and made me a going away gift basket consisting of all things Toy Story. I've been excited about the third Toy Story movie coming out for months, and as luck would have it, I leave the day before if comes out and will have to wait until I can rent it to watch it. So I got some TS lip balm, a bookmark, a colouring book and crayons and marker and some Starbucks instant coffee and a whole bunch of fabulous things. I think everyone had a great time, at least I did! It was awesome getting a chance to get everyone all together one last time before I leave for some drinks, food, 16 candles and dancing. Big thanks to everyone who came and wished me luck! I actually have the most amazing friends in the whole world. Thanks guys!

Today, after getting off to a slow start this morning and reconstructing last night, Sam, Earl and I drove out to Nova Scotia to visit with my Nannie and Grampi, Ashley and Alex. I wanted to see them before I left but I also had to drop Earl of at Alex's place for the summer. I miss earl already. It's weird not seeing the glow of his tank through the window when I drive up and not having him swim over and greet me when I walk in the door! I'm sure he'll be well taken care of in Sackville (or else!) but I still wish he could come with me on my adventures. On the drive home, it was absolutely pouring out. Not that this is an excuse, but I like to think it's a contributing factor. Somehow we managed to get to Parrsboro, Nova Scotia before we realized we were going the wrong way. We added a solid hour to the drive home at least. Not to mention the fact that the rain was so bad if you drove more than 80 you couldn't see anything. On the bright side we had a wicked awesome play list going on in the car to rock out to.

No comments:

Post a Comment