Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home!

I got home on Monday night and could not be happier. I haven't had a chance to see everyone yet but I still have another few days to make it happen. Although I haven't seen the people I really want to see, I've run into someone everywhere I've been! I even knew the window washer at the restaurant I went to, he used to be my neighbor. Lesson of the day: never leave the house looking like a slob if you've just returned home and haven't seen anyone in a really long time. You are guaranteed to run into someone, if not many people.

I paddled for the first time since Nationals last August and although I was convinced I'd end up swimming and being incredibly horrible and rusty, I did a lot better than I anticipated! I am a little sore today however, but am hoping to be back in my boat tomorrow once it stops raining. It's kind of nice to not have to paddle in shitty weather if I don't want to. I woke up this morning to paddle but when I saw that it was pouring I just went back to bed. The best part? I didn't even feel guilty for missing practice! Being back at the club is a little bitter sweet. I love it there but when I'm at school it's kind of out of sight, out of mind. While I still miss it, it makes it a lot worse to be home and around and not training then it is to be away and have no possible option of training even if I could. But that's life I suppose.

I saw this video a while ago, but I randomly just stumbled upon it and it made me laugh again so I thought I would post it. There is a slight chance that maybe I posted it already? I don't think so but I apologize if I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment