Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Virtual Coffee Date




Hello Friends!


If we were having coffee today, I’d hope it wasn’t at the new lunch deli in town. My beloved She Takes the Cake Café has drastically reduced their hours and don’t open until 10:30am.  The new place opens at 7 so this morning I swung by to grab a latte on my way to work as a treat.  It’s not delicious. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to finish all $5.25 worth of it, but I’m not sure I’d order fancy coffee from there again.  Although in their defense, they are a) newish and b) they had donuts. I didn’t try one but donuts are the new cupcake so I applaud their trendy baking ways and will one day eat a donut and provide proof on Instagram that I’m trendy too.

If we were having coffee this morning, I’d tell you that I waiver between wanting to actually do this blog thing and giving up on it completely. Part of me wants to go all in, and get a real URL (sorry blogspot, you’re just not really legit anymore), some linked social media accounts, actually try to get some readership and consistently blog some real content that people might actually want to read. And then I think that I’ve been writing for the past month or so knowing that literally NOBODY is reading this, so what’s the point? Do I have to be all in or all out? Or can I just write here for the sake of it? I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to taking it on for reals, or being vulnerable and having my thoughts / writing advertised to the whole world. Do I even have anything worth reading to write? Anyways, I’m thinking about it. Pre-contemplation for all of my ‘stages of change’ peeps.

If we were having coffee this morning I’d tell you how excited I am for Chris to get home today! I miss that guy. Home is just so much better when he’s there. I love watching him with Max because they are actually best buds. I love working on house and yard projects together. He works so hard, and even when he’s home he literally never stops all day long. It’s also his birthday and Father’s Day this set out so there are extra things to celebrate! And the river is high this year which means we’ll get out on the boat and go to the beach and maybe even go camping.

If we were having coffee this morning I’d tell you how nervous and excited I am for a job interview I have tomorrow! It’s for a position as the food service manager at the hospital here in town. It’s a big job (19 staff, 3 kitchens) and I feel like it’s out of my league. But I do have internship experience as a food service manager and it’s technically a dietitian position. I’m so excited at the idea of being challenged at work again! And using my RD skills which have been in ‘retirement’ since I went on Maternity leave. But it’s scary too! This job will look amazing on a resume for when we’re ready to leave the North and I know I will learn so much doing this job.  But there will be a learning curve. I’m sure I’ll make a lot of mistakes along the way. I’ve always worked in Public Health since moving here and I’ll be sad to leave my co-workers here and work across town. I’m not sure I feel completely qualified either. But I still need to make it through the interview – I’ll keep you posted! Wish me luck!

If we were having coffee this morning I’d tell you about my garden! I’m a newbie gardener but I feel like I’m keeping things alive this year! I’m trying to create a self-sustaining low-maintenance garden full of perennials. I have way more in my garden then I thought I did! And see things bloom makes me so happy! I spent all weekend transplanting some stuff, making my baskets and cleaning up the yard and I have to admit, I’m pretty proud of myself.  I still have some big shrubs to move and want to buys some more flowering perennials and annuals to fill in some spots but so far so good! I also need to figure out the names of all the plants I have so I know what I’ve got. I’m hoping for some delphiniums this year and I just had some yellow poppies bloom yesterday for the first time! I should write a post on my garden but it’s pretty amateur right now!If we were having coffee I’d tell you that I started triathlon training last week.  So far I’ve got 3 runs and a bike ride under my belt.  This weeks plan: Monday-off, Tuesday-6 km run, Wednesday-45 min swim, Thursday-10 min bike, 5 km run, Friday-40 min Bike, Saturday-off, Sunday-something…not sure what.  I don’t have a structured plan yet but I have a friend working on one for me.





Have the most fabulous day! Coffee dates are my favorite J

No comments:

Post a Comment