Friday, June 3, 2016

Summer 2016 Bucket List

Summer is here! Hay River's annual track and field championships finished up this afternoon which means that summer officially starts TODAY in the North. It's a generally known truth that it's not safe to plant anything in your gardens until after track and that it won't be consistently warm until after track.  So I guess it's safe to say that track is our first day of summer, and I could not be more thrilled.  It was a long winter this year. I have been celebrating by spending the last few evenings pulling weeds and doing yard work and spending as much time as possible outside.

I was thinking about this summer and all the events and activities I am so looking forward to this year.  This summer is particularly exciting because Max is at an age where he understands more and finds so much JOY in all the little things. Everything will be new and exciting for him this year.  All of the family centered activities in town that we never fully participated in are now events to look forward to bringing Max to.

And since I'm actually obsessed with lists and have a million lists on the go at any given time, I present you with (drum roll...) my Summer 2016 Bucket List! I'm looking forward to crossing things off and adding more to it as the summer goes on.  This will be displayed in full force on my fridge all summer :)


Lots of fun things planned! I started training for the town's Sprint Triathlon this week so that's my major summer fitness goal. Otherwise I want to enjoy summer in the North to it's fullest! That means hanging at the beach, in the boat, fishing, camping, quading, bonfires. 

Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment