Sunday, January 3, 2016

Let's Try This Again

My first ever blog post was January 2nd, 2010.  It seems so crazy that this little space on the interweb began 6 years ago.  The new year and the promise of fresh beginnings that it brings inspired me to finally start writing here in the first place, so I figured it was fitting that I attempt to write again at the dawn of 2016.

So much has changed since I started this blog! So much has changed since my last post! I started this as a way to document my University and Dietetic Internship and now I'm a new mom, finishing up my Masters Degree, about to go back to work full time, engaged to be married in a few months and still living in NWT.  It's crazy how much can change in such a little amount of time, and how far from where you thought you'd be you can stray just to find that you actually have everything you wanted.

Having spent the majority of 2014 and the entirety of 2015 either pregnant or nursing and home with Max on maternity leave, I'm looking forward to taking more time for myself in 2016. I'm a firm believer in goal setting, and so I'm hoping by writing here again I can stay accountable to my goals for 2016.  I also find writing therapeutic, so in a way the mere act of writing here is helping me accomplish some of my goals.

So for full disclosure here we go!

1. Exercise regularly
2. Drink more water
3. Pay off Depts and create savings
4. Spend less time watching TV and on the computer
5. Read all bookclub books
6. Blog twice weekly or more

I'm hoping to do regular updates about life and my goals.  I'm hoping to develop a but more structure eventually but for now, I'm just going to go with the flow and see how well I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment